i never really liked
until i found out
what it tastes like
when you write it in frosting
on top of a cake
Often, governments/the police/etc use “anti-trafficking” as an excuse to tighten border policies and harass and deport migrant women. Often trafficking legislation isn’t used against pimps and exploiters of underage girls and other vulnerable people who then have to give more complex and distressing evidence, and in some cases are at risk of prosecution themselves. Anyone who campaigns on this issue needs to know the actual definition.
I have been talking about porn with a few of my friends this evening, and it occurs to me that if they have such a false view of the reasons behind my disdain for pornography as an industry, art form and means of getting people off, then perhaps the internet as a whole does as well. It’s a Sunday evening and I have nothing much better to do than scribble some thoughts down, so here we go -
- Porn turns sex into some kind of performance, which I am not a fan of. I personally think that if sex doesn’t come naturally, then perhaps the people involved should consider that they may in fact be doing something wrong, regroup and try it again. Sex is one of the most natural things in the world, and to turn it into something for others to analyse, or jerk off to, or anything in between, is simply alien to me.
- Whether that’s a thirty-year-old experienced porn star participating in a gang bang scene, or a nineteen-year-old woman alone in her room using her vibrator for a paid cam show, I still personally find it odd that these individuals are thinking about their sexuality on a level upon which they turn it into a product for the consumption of others.
- Once again, not wrong, just odd.
- Some people are stupid enough to think that porn reflects reality. Sometimes it does, however the vast majority of the time, it does not. I do not think that this is the fault of the people who star in porn; more the fault of the porn industry in general, those who produce porn and perhaps even the feedback of the majority of those who consume porn.
- Serious backlash comes from said stupid people assuming that the porn they watch is going to mirror the sex that they have. Whether it is a decline in the self esteem of a woman who sees a cock in her mouth in the mirror and wonders why she doesn’t look as hot as the girl playing on the screen in the background of her high school boyfriend’s bedroom (answer: because porn never flows, it is stopped repeatedly in order to be filmed at the most flattering possible angles for all performers), or the socially/sexually inexperienced young lad who assumes all lesbians exist simply to participate in threesomes with him, that all women have beautiful, pink, gaping assholes just begging to take his cock, etc, I still perceive these misconceptions to be potentially harmful.
- I have no way of knowing whether or not the people participating in porn actually consented to the acts that they are performing, which terrifies me.
Note: I do not mind if you watch porn. I do not mind if you make porn. I do not mind if you are part of the porn industry in any capacity. I do not hate you, mock you, or judge you for your choices whatsoever. I am sex critical but I am certainly not sex negative, and I think everything is up to the individual to make their mind up on. No hate coming from me here. x
A collection of 850 mineral eggs carved in the renowned gem-cutting center of Idar-Oberstein, Germany.
Women of the World
Photos by Steve McCurry